Install Open Baton
Open Baton provides several installation mechanisms. Open Baton has two different flavors:
- standalone containing only the Open Baton NFV Orchestrator, the Open Baton Generic VNF Manager and the RabbitMQ. This version is the most suitable for getting started immediately with a development environment.
- complete containing all components as listed in the get started section. Some of the components can be either installed or not using the provided installers. This version is the most suitable for a production infrastructure.
Please select the most suitable installation tool for your needs:
- Linux OS: Direct installation of a standalone or complete Open Baton environment on top of a Linux OS (ubuntu/debian) using either the source-code or binary version.
- Mac OS: Install the Open Baton NFVO on MacOS using the provided brew formula. More info here
- Docker: Launching a pre-configured docker image containing a standalone Open Baton environment. More info here
- Vagrant: Launching a vagrant box using the provided 'Vagrantfile' containing a standalone Open Baton environment. More info here
Once you have done with the installation, you can decide either to fine tune your environment configuring the different parameters as described in the configuration guide or to move forward and start with your first hello world tutorial.